Yarny Wonders -and then some!

Adventures at the Work Table

December 14, 2007

Fingerless Mitts

I've been making some fingerless mitts for myself. I love knitting on double pointed needles and making gloves, socks and hats. I like to have several projects going at once so that I can flip back and forth when it the monotony starts to be tedious.

I'm using this pattern:

Fetching

Aren't these pretty? I've already made one using a black worsted weight wool which I figured is probably slightly heftier than the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino yarn used in the pattern, so I used smaller needles (3.25mm) and the first one is perfect.

No comments:

Welcome!

This blog is mainly to document my journey in Work: Knitting, Crochet and learning to do things such as Tatting, Netting, Drawn Thread Work and Sewing. Plus anything cool I find along the way :)
Lately, I have become really interested in 19th century fashion! But I also have a huge interest in expanding my skills with the goal that eventually, I will be able to make my clothes. I love to wear Salwar Kameez, but I want to be able to design and make my own, especially outfits in fabrics that are suited to colder weather since I live in upstate NY!